Monday, October 16, 2006

God gave us you

On Wednesday I will be three months into my pregnancy. It's hard to believe such an amazing thing is happening inside of my body. I would post a picture of my progression but really... I look pretty much the same.. no cute baby belly at least not yet so I will spare you the normal pose. Some of you may be wondering just how Scott and I feel about this new time in our lives and if this baby was planned. Even before I was married to Scott I remember thinking that really God is in control of opening and closing my womb. I think about how many times this is found in the Bible. Even today I was reading about Elizabeth and the miraculous birth of John and well we all know who came next.... So surely if God did this sort of thing in times past he could do it for me when I was in that position. And so Scott and I both felt a peace in our hearts that when the time was right the Lord would choose to bless us, and so it is with the conception of our wee babe. So no we weren't really planning this but we were totally open to the workings of our Father and we are humbly blessed.

My mother-in-law has come to stay with us for a week or so and upon her arrival she gave us a book called God gave us you. I read through it with a few tears in my eyes as I tried to imagine reading it to our little child telling them what a blessing they are and how God did give them to us. I can't think of a more comforting thought to be loved by both mother and father and our heavenly Father. I know that through the experience of bearing a child I will be closer to my Lord. For he was the one who truly gave up all. sacrificed everything for his children. Now that I am faced with the realization of sacrificing for my child I know I will need to cling even closer to the King of sacrifice. Yet I want to keep in mind the joy that is so evident during this time. Scott has been very upbeat even dancing some crazy jigs in the kitchen. shocker I know! He will be a wonderful father and friend to our children and I can't wait to see him shine in this role. Hopefully soon he'll share his thoughts on the matter. But for now you'll have to hear from me! Peace

1 comment:

linda said...

aimee,
it was good to read this. It makes me so happy to think about my little brother as a dad, we are so very happy for you both and look forward to walking through this time with you. let the wonders begin!