Monday, February 12, 2007

Again and Again




Linda's birthday was last week but since everyone was ill we went out this weekend. It was nice to get out and enjoy some fellowship with all the family here it chattanooga. Now we are just waiting for babies to be born. My friend Kelly was due yesterday but I haven't heard any news on if her little girl has taken her first breath. Linda is due any day and we are hopefully awaiting the turning of her little girl so that birth will be more comfortable for both her and Linda. I'm getting bigger of course. I've been trying to eat anywhere between 80-100 g of protein each day. I know this is a lot but this will help our little one grow...I will be 29 weeks on wednesday which is exciting and I'm still feeling really good for the most part.

I must admit though that I have been doing a lot of reading and research about the birthing process and I'm trying hard not to freak out. Its hard for me to trust that everything is going to work out and that I'm not going to be tossed about having things done to me that will harm me and my child. A few people warned me not to get overly consumed with this part of birth but alas I have succumb to it! The cool thing is that God doesn't let me get too far with my vain thoughts. On feb 8 I had a pretty hard day and when i opened my devotional this is what I read....

"Do not look forward to the changes and chances of this life in fear. Rather look at them with full hope that, as they arise, God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them. He has kept you hitherto; do you but hold fast to His dear hand, and He will lead you safely through all things; and when you cannot stand, He will bear you in His arms. Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow. The same everlasting Father who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow, and every day. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace, then, put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations." ~Frances de Sales

Again I am reminded...again and again I am reassured of the truth i try to live.

In other news...we are doing some major cleaning and organizing, we plan on buying a bunch of organic beef from a local farm, I plan on going to a family Chiropractor the last two months of my pregnancy to help ease back pain and getting ready for labor, scott continues to do side jobs but is learning to take time off to...play some golf! (He's really good too!) And we are getting more involved in church activities and fellowship which has been a good stretch for us. Also my brother and his wife will be going to Japan on Friday...I think their really excited.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Dearest Aimee! YOu look absolutely beautiful and I cannot believe how big your belly has gotten! thank you so much for the new pictures! Please let me share with you that birth was the easiest part of pregnancy for me, and even though I did have medication, I didnt have it until the end and it was still very easy and bareable. It will be quick and easy. I would give birth every day if I could, I just love the moment and the rush, the feeling of my little life being born! I know our Lord will bless you with peace and comfort and it will be easy for you. I spent about an hour praying with my best friend alma about an hour before my birth. It was the most comforting and peaceful thing that I could have done. Remember, women are more apt to talk about the horror stories in their lives! Peaceful and normal stories arent best sellers in books, so u are more likely to find things that will freak you out than things that will calm you. and you will be suprised how many wonderful birth stories are out there! Love and prayers!
Anna

Michelle D said...

You probably already know this but just in case, Kelly had Calliope on the 11th and came home yesterday. She gave me permission to post photos on my blog since she hasn't been able to yet. Praying for you to have a great birth!

Kell's sister Michelle